Thursday, February 11, 2010

The dysfunctional Kemosabe Cafe Family


Kemosabes you now have your finger on The Pulse with Patrick

Today's topic is the Kemosabe Cafe family. I like to think of us as a working family rather than just staff members who work together at a restaurant. A loving family, but like all loving families they are bound to have moments of dysfunction. Today was a perfect example of this dysfunction.

But before I get into all that I should probably introduce you to the front of the house family(there is no real family unit in the back of the house(the kitchen staff) they are like migrant carnival workers and by that I mean no disrespect. I only liken them to carnies because they're a sketchy bunch, with bad hygiene and they're in charge of the patrons bodily safety. In this case the food in the real carnies case the death defying rides shoddily put together, maintained and run by this elite group of individuals... where was I going with this? Oh yeah don't trust your life to carnies and there is no real family unit in our kitchen)

Anywho back on topic the front of the house family consists of: Andy, Sue, Chad, Mel and Scott.
It's a rather small family for a restaurant but it's a rather small restaurant and the five of them is all we need to provide the service that our customers have come to expect. Andy is a struggling actor/waiter(how novel) he's done a few commercials and I think he played a corpse in a Steven Segal straight to DVD gem. He's got a good head on his shoulders. I would say if I weren't around he would probably be the one they would look to for leadership.

Sue is currently dating and living with Andy. I don't know how they do it, if I were to ever have a girlfriend I doubt we could ever work together. But some how those two little love birds seem to make it work. If Andy was not in the picture I'm pretty sure Sue and I would be an item. All I'm saying is strong sexual tension my friends. Sue is an aspiring actor as well, but I have over heard her talking to Mel in the change room talking about going back to school (she better not quit). She cares about issues and stuff of that flaky nature (don't tell her I said that she would be on her soap box giving me what for).

Chad is a bit of a ladies man, he's pretty cool. He's not locked down to one girl and that's how he prefers it. Him and I have a lot in common I think. He says he doesn't see it but that's kind of our relationship we like to joke around and we both enjoy a good ribbing.

Mel is a little firecracker. She's lots of laughs. She acts like she hates working here but I know deep down she wouldn't want to be anywhere else. She is currently looking for love in all the wrong places( If you know what I mean). In my opinion. I don't want to toot my own horn but I think there's a little spark there too, but she might be too much of a handful for me.

And finally we have Scott. We tend to butt heads a lot and I truly believe its because we have very similar personalities. The only real difference is I don't have his highly addictive personality. (Lets just say he likes to slow dance with Mary Jane every chance he gets) If you don't know what I'm talking about that's Okay, just go ask some hip cat to translate that for you. It's a code, a smoke signal if you will(wink wink). You know what I'm talking about. But seriously great guy a little too opinionated but the little rascal means well.

I can't remember what I was going to complain about, I can't stay mad at this bunch... I should wrap this up, I have to get back on the floor this dysfunctional family needs constant supervision.

Thanks for putting your finger on The Pulse

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment